THE SANTA BARBARA MARITIME MUSEUM’S OUTDOORS VISITOR CENTER AND GIFT SHOP ARE EXCITED TO WELCOME YOU BACK!
Since the day we closed our doors on March 13, the staff of the Santa Barbara Maritime Museum have been missing you and planning for the day we could begin to re-open. We have spent the past eight months improving the Museum’s exhibits, developing new ways to provide our programs virtually, and finding ways to keep everyone safe. We have added a new online webpage, SBMM At Home, with new resources and educational activities, more recorded lectures and films to watch, and video tours. We have also mounted four new interesting exhibits for you to visit: Arthur Beaumont: Art of the Sea, Love Letters to the Sea, Santa Cruz Acoustic Range Facility, and Naval Reserve Building History, plus we have updated our existing Military Exhibit – A Maritime Power, A Maritime Nation, and the United States Navy.
On Thursday, October 1, the 4th Floor Outdoors Santa Barbara Visitor Center, re-opened to the general public with limited days and hours: Saturdays & Sundays, 12-5pm.
AND JUST IN TIME FOR HOLIDAY GIVING…the Museum Store is now open Thursdays – Sundays, 12- 5pm. Are you a member yet? Members get a 10% discount on purchases!
Here’s what you can expect at the Museum when it is safe for us to reopen:
- ALL SBMM staff and volunteers have been trained on new safety and health
- SBMM reserves the right to deny entrance to anyone showing symptoms of Covid-19.
- All visitors, age 3 and older, must wear masks or face shields at all times inside the Museum, the Museum Store, and on the 4th Floor Outdoor Visitor’s Center. The Museum Store will offer disposable masks for those who do not have one.
- Groups should remain together and stay six (6) feet apart from other
- Hand sanitizer dispensers have been placed at guest entrances and in high traffic
- SBMM kiosk attendant(s) will have Treasure Maps with age-appropriate questions about the Museum. Children who answer the questions will receive a sticker and paper hat to take home. Coloring books/sheets with crayons will be available as well. All supplies will be new, and we encourage you to take them home.
- The Munger Theater is closed until further notice.
In the meantime, please don’t forget to check our website for changes to our hours of operation and upcoming programs.