SBMM is seeking a Grant Writer to identify, define, and develop grants to support existing and planned programs, exhibits and general operating expenses, as well as to write and submit grant proposals, budgets, and reports. The Grant Writer must have strong writing and research skills, be able to work independently, and be highly organized and detail oriented. Must anticipate and plan for varying work cycles and deadlines, and handle multiple submission and reporting requirements at one time. This position reports to the Director of Development.
Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Maintain current grant writing and reporting cycle and identify new funding opportunities at the local, regional, and federal levels.
- Research data for grants and reports, both internally and externally
- Analyze and draft budget documents.
- Provide follow-up materials as needed and regularly communicate with Director of Development re: grants and reporting calendars, new opportunities, and changes in funding priorities.
Key Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of 5 years work experience with grant writing
- Strong writing and research skills, excellent organizational skills, and ability to work independently and under pressure
- Ability to understand budgets
- Aptitude with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and Word) and Google Suite
- Aptitude with CRM software, specifically Donor Perfect Online
- Commitment to SBMM’s mission and work in the community
SBMM provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without discrimination. Candidate may work remotely. This position is part-time, hourly, with sick time. Schedule is flexible, 10-20 hours per week. Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Greg Gorga, [email protected].