Your support is critical, now more than ever. Our goal is to promote our Corporate Partners’ community involvement and commitment while making the most of their sponsorship investments. We will utilize online platforms to create the safest and most cost-effective event format and increase print and virtual exposure for donors, members, and Corporate Partners. Partnership benefits associated with events and gatherings are subject to change in compliance with guidelines from State and Local Health Officials.
Our Approach to Partnership
SBMM’s goal is to engage corporate partners throughout the year, welcoming support and participation in our lecture series, fundraising events, grants and education programs, cause marketing and third party events and our volunteer program. You’ll find our corresponding benefit tiers welcome engagement on a monthly basis. If you would like information about our Corporate Partnership Program or sponsorship opportunities, please contact Jane Lindsey, Director of Development, at (805) 456-8744.
We consider a successful corporate partnership model to have these three pillars: mutually beneficial for both entities, aligned values, and open communication. Together, we are creating quality exhibits and educational experiences that celebrate the Santa Barbara Channel and illuminate our rich connections with the sea.
Through the generosity of our corporate partners, we are able to:
- Bring maritime education and history to life for 8,000 students annually
- Expand youth educational programming to online platforms and formats, including Maritime on the Move, Marine Science, Girls in Ocean Science, Ocean Connections, Tall Ship Program, Love Letters to the Sea and SBMM at Home
- Offer our renowned monthly lecture series exploring topics such as great white sharks, the history of the Santa Barbara Harbor and the Channel Islands, plus recordings of past lectures
- Develop an online Docent training module
- Achieve AAM accreditation, demonstrating best practices for museums nationally
- Preserve, display and celebrate the First- Order Fresnel Lens from Point Conception Lighthouse
- Catalog, preserve, and present important local maritime artifacts through physical and online collections like the Dwight Brooks Model Collection
- Bring traveling shows like Arthur Beaumont’s: Art of the Sea exhibits
- Install new exhibits, and upgrade and repair existing exhibits
- And much, much more!