Welcome. We invite you to join Our Navigators Circle for 2020/21.
The Navigators Circle is a distinguished group of philanthropic individuals, organizations, businesses, foundations, and civic leaders working together to support SBMM, including its youth education programs, lectures, exhibits, outreach, and research. With your contribution of $1,000 or more, we look forward to welcoming you to our exclusive, uniquely curated Navigators Circle experiences on land and sea. Enjoy reading our clickable 2020-2021 Annual Giving Campaign flipbook or download the PDF version.
2020 Year-End Community Appeal
Our 20th Anniversary Year brought positive change, triumphs, and unexpected challenges. Despite our doors being closed to visitors, the interest level and need for Santa Barbara Channel-focused education, history, and experiences remained high. We responded with creativity, innovation, and technology to redefine our educational programming and reimagine ways to educate the community safely. Read more about our year & matching gift opportunity
How to Join
You may pledge your commitment of $1,000 or more by:
–Donating online via our secure website
–Mailing a check to SBMM at 113 Harbor Way, Suite 190, Santa Barbara, CA 93109
–Downloading and returning our membership form
–Contacting Greg Gorga at (805) firstname.lastname@example.org or Jane Lindsey at (805) 456- email@example.com with questions.
We would appreciate receiving full payments on pledges no later than June 30, 2021. Gifts
may be paid by check, credit card or securities.
Help Chart Our Future
Navigators Circle members (as of 6/30/2020) contribute vital funding to ensure SBMM provides educational programming for all ages online and in-person. With creativity, innovation, and technology, SBMM is redefining its programs and reimagining ways to continue to serve and educate the community safely. We are proud to continue our important work over the next year by:
- Bringing maritime education and history to life for 8,000 students annually
- Expanding youth educational programming to online platforms and formats, including Maritime on the Move, Marine Science, Girls in Ocean Science, Ocean Connections, Tall Ship Program, Love Letters to the Sea and SBMM at Home
- Offering our renowned monthly lecture series exploring topics such as great white sharks, the history of the Santa Barbara Harbor and the Channel Islands, plus recordings of past lectures
- Developing an online Docent training module
- Achieving AAM accreditation, demonstrating best practices for museums nationally
- Preserving, displaying and celebrating the First- Order Fresnel Lens from Point Conception Lighthouse
- Cataloging, preserving, and presenting important local maritime artifacts through physical and online collections like the Dwight Brooks Model Collection
- Bringing traveling shows like Arthur Beaumont’s the Art of the Sea exhibits
- Installing new exhibits, and upgrading and repairing existing exhibits
- And much, much more!
Navigators Circle Receptions & Educational Events – 2020/21 Presenter Series (on Zoom)
Great White Sharks of Guadalupe with Dan Orr sponsored by American Riviera Bank Sept-3-2020 (watch the recording)│Geoff Rusack’s Carrying on the History of Grape Growing & Winemaking on Santa Cruz and Catalina Islands sponsored by Mission Wealth Oct-29-2020 (watch the recording)│Jan – March presentation TBD │ End of Campaign Celebration June 18, 2021
Navigators Circle Tribute Levels
We invite you to become a member of the Navigators Circle for 2020/21 by making a contribution in one of eight tribute categories:
Mark V $100,000 or more│Admiral $50,000 to $99,999│Ranger $25,000 to $49,999│Ironsides $10,000 – $24,999│Tomol $5,000 – $9,999│Islands $2,500 – $4,999│Marina $1,500 – $2,499│Explorer $1,000 – $1,499
* Sponsorship gifts for new exhibits and special events will be recognized separately.
Navigators Circle Membership Benefits
$1,000 – $2,499 Explorer & Marina Levels
-Name(s) inscribed on special Navigators Circle tribute wall prominently displayed inside the Museum. Supporters may select recognition in their own names, or through an inscription “in honor of” or “in memory of” another
–Listed as Navigators Circle members in SBMM’s Currents newsletter, website and annual report for the year of giving
–Invited with a guest to cruise aboard the Maritime Museum’s 100-year-old flagship Ranger
–Receive free admission for family and friends to the Museum’s monthly lectures and select film screenings
–Receive 10 free guest passes and a one-year family Crew membership to the Museum
–Receive an annual membership to Sea History Magazine and Council of American Maritime Museums reciprocal admission privileges to more than 90 maritime museums in the U.S. and Canada
$2,500 – $9,999 Islands & Tomol Levels
All benefits listed above plus:
–Invited to special excursions on land and at sea
–Invited to cruise aboard SBMM’s 103-year old flagship Ranger
$10,000 + Ironsides, Ranger, Admiral, & Mark Levels
All benefits listed above plus:
–Invited to the Santa Barbara Outdoor Visitor Center Soirées
–Name(s) inscribed on a plaque under the First-Order Fresnel Lens from Point Conception Lighthouse
RUSACK Wine Club Special Promo
As a Navigators Circle or Flagship Society member, RUSACK Vineyards is extending a 10% discount off your first membership club shipment. To join, contact Katie /805-691-5105 and mention: SB Maritime Museum Zoom to sign up. RUSACK Wine Clubs and Benefits PDF