- Crew on SBMM’s flagship vessel Ranger, Santa Barbara’s oldest boat.
- Greet visitors from around the world at the Outdoors Santa Barbara Visitor Center (on our 4th floor)!
- Assist with special events, including exhibit openings, art receptions & community festivals.
- Become a docent and share information about our local maritime heritage with tours and outreach.
Volunteers enjoy the social environment of the Museum and gain a feeling of fulfillment knowing that they are an important part of a valued organization that educates the public about Santa Barbara’s rich maritime history and tradition.
Docents are key at the Maritime Museum! They help with school field trips, guide adult tours, and interpret exhibits. Training, support, and flexible hours allow docents to gain needed skills and knowledge while having fun.
Docent classes are held once a year, usually beginning in January.
SBMM needs outgoing and enthusiastic individuals who:
- Wish to learn about Santa Barbara’s connection to the ocean
- Enjoy sharing their experiences with child and adult visitors
- Aspire to learn naval history and language
- Want to seek new friends
- Want to become docents at SBMM.
To learn more about Docent Training classes or for more information about how to volunteer, contact Jesse Baker-Lorelli, Guest Services Manager, at email@example.com or 805 456-8748.
The following documents are password-protected