Celebrating the Santa Barbara Channel
Saturday, June 11, 2022 1:00 – 4:00 pm, 12 pm check-in
Thanks for coming!
Our second annual Paddle Out for SBMM focuses on our mission to celebrate the Santa Barbara Channel and illuminate our rich connections with the sea. We launched this multi-generational event with our 20th Anniversary Surf Legend Honorees Shaun Tomson and Renny Yater.
Event timeline 1 pm – 4 pm, 12 pm paddler check-in
12:00 – 1:00 pm Paddler Check-In, Leadbetter Beach (pre-registration only, no day of registration)
1:00 – 1:30 pm Welcome, Leadbetter Beach
1:30 – 2:30 pm Paddle Out from Leadbetter Beach towards Hendry’s (course may change depending on the weather)
2:30 – 4:00 pm Picnic, Leadbetter Beach
Paddler Registration & Information
Sold Out – no day of registration permitted
Note: Event changes may occur based on current County safety restrictions.
- Your registration covers a donation to SBMM, an SBMM baseball hat, Love Letters to the Sea supplies, and food.
- Please bring a refillable water bottle.
- No day of registration.
- For unloading, there will be some reserved parking in the front row closest to the event area.
- Youth (6-17 years of age) must be accompanied by an adult.
- Paddlers are asked to comply with County COVID safety protocol, wear a mask, and social distance. Masks will be provided at check-in as needed.
- Paddlers are required to sign a Release of Liability Agreement to participate.
- Paddlers must wear or have a flotation device on board their craft.
- Paddlers may join with a self-powered craft, i.e. SUP, surfboard, kayak, canoe, dory, rowboat, sailboat, or outrigger. Need to rent? Contact Paddle Sports Center, our Harbor partner, for a 10% SBMM membership rate.
Sponsorship Opportunities & Benefits
Supporting Paddle Out for SBMM helps provide vital general operating funds for SBMM’s exhibits and experiential education programs such as Marine Science, Before the Mast, Maritime on the Move, Love Letters to the Sea, Girls in Ocean Science, and more – all of which encourage the protection and preservation of our fragile, limited natural resources for generations to come. Your sponsorship will underwrite this unique and important event, fostering SBMM’s work to educate and connect the community with the past, present, and future of our Channel.
$1,000 Coastline Crew
-2 paddler entry spots, includes an SBMM Klean Kanteen reusable cup, a Real Life brand t-shirt, Love Letters to the Sea materials, and food
-Invitation to picnic
-Listed in event marketing materials, website, social media, emails, & Press Releases
$2,500 Heritage Hero
All benefits at Coastline Crew sponsorship tier plus:
-4 paddler entry spots
-Logo/name on event promo item if produced
$5,000 Channel Champion
All benefits at Heritage Hero sponsorship tier plus:
-8 paddler entry spots
-Public thank you at event
-VIP Pre-Event (6 guests) on June 10 at SBMM